Our Complaints Handling Policy
Our procedure for resolving problems if you have a complaint.
Rundlewalker Solicitors are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. If you believe something has gone wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. If you are unhappy with any aspects of our service we want to know about it as we take all complaints seriously. If you have a complaint, please contact The Practice Manager on 01392 209209 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to our office at: - King’s Wharf, The Quay, Exeter, Devon. EX2 4AN
Our complaints handling procedure
If you have a concern or a complaint, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so this can be addressed. Please contact our Practice Manager, Rundlewalker, Kings Wharf, The Quay, Exeter, Devon EX2 4AN.
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 5 days enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Practice Manager, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Our Practice Manager will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for a Director to review the decision.
5. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
6. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ, telephone 0300 555 0333 or email email@example.com about your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman expects complaints to be made to them within one year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned or within one year of you realising there was a concern. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must also be made within 6 months of you receiving a final written response from us regarding your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at www.legalombudsman.org.uk
Devon and Somerset Law Society
If you remain dissatisfied, Devon and Somerset Law Society (DASLS) provide a free mediation service; they can be contacted on 01392 366333 or via their website www.dasls.com
Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)
If you believe the firm has acted against your best interests or breached professional principles, you may also contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). For further information, please refer to their website at www.sra.org.uk/consumer/problems