What Are My Property Rights?

When separating, many people will want to know exactly what their property rights are. The first thing to establish is whether or not the property in question is owned in joint names or owned by a single person. If you are married, you will have a right of occupation. If the property is owned in your partner's name and you are married, then it is important that you register your "Home Rights". If you are not married then please see our advice for Unmarried Couples.

Whatever the situation, if your partner is trying to force you out of the property, then you should contact us immediately.

Please contact our Family Law Team by telephone on 01392 209209. If you choose to email, please provide a contact telephone number and we will call you at the earliest opportunity.

Nick Dudman: 01392 209210. nick.dudman@rundlewalker.com
Susan Jury: 01392 209212. sue.jury@rundlewalker.com

Arrange Your Consultation

Call FREE 0800 015 2568

Get In Touch

Call FREE 0800 015 2568